THIS WEEK IN HISTORY, NOV. 14-20, QUESTIONS
1. The book Moby Dick was first published. Who was its author?
2. 1956 What was the name of Elvis Presley's first film?
3. 1864 What Union General ordered the civilian evacuation and then burning of Atlanta?
4. 1907 What U.S. Territory became the 46th state?
5. 1952 In the Peanuts comic strip, what famous antic took place?
6. 1960 When this handsome actor died he was eulogized as "The King of Hollywood." What was his name?
7. 1869 What famous waterway opened?
8. 1913 The first ship through the Panama Canal had what name?
9. 1973 Pres. Nixon uttered what four famous words?
10. 1988 Who was the first female to be elected head of state in an Islamic country?
11. 1874 What famous women's organization was officially started in Cleveland Ohio?
12. 1928 What famous cartoon character first appeared in what was the first successful sound-synchronized film.
13. 1861 Who composed "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"?
14. 1863 Who delivered what masterful and historic speech?
15. 1818 Who formally declared Venezuela an independent state?
16. 1973 What animated, classic Thanksgiving story first aired on TV?
17. 2003 What celebrity was arrested on charges of child molestation?