WORLD HISTORY III QUESTIONS
1. What was Michelangelo’s (1475-1564) last name?
2. Who created/invented calculus?
3. Who invented the mechanical printing press (around 1440 A.D.)?
4. Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519) was a master of many fields, including painting. Which painting is Da Vinci’s “masterpiece?”
5. What was Philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli’s (1469-1527) most famous book?
6. During the 1500’s-1600’s, what 3 astronomers revolutionized the field?
7. What famous Renaissance writer stressed that science must be based on observation and mathematics?
8. In reaction to the Renaissance and Reformation, the Catholic Church set up brutal inquisitions. The most notorious was in what country ?
9. The famous Taj Mahal was built in the 1600’on orders from whom?10. Who is credited with starting the Reformation?