THIS WEEK IN HISTORY II QUESTIONS 10/24-10/30
1. 1901, The first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel and survive was a woman. What was her name?
2. 1929, what is this date when the American stock market crashed disastrously referred to
3. 1989,What is the name of the disgraced American TV preacher who was sentenced to 45 years in prison for fraud?
4. 1920, King Alexander of Greece died of blood poisoning after being bitten by what animal?
5. 1962 What American author who won a 1940 Pulitzer Prize for his book The Grapes of Wrath was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature
6. 1983. American invaded what tiny island nation?
7. 1881, What famous event occurred in Tomstone AZ.?
8. 1659, Four members of what religious group were hanged in Boston because of their religious beliefs and social customs?
9. 1831, Who invented the electric generator which turned mechanical energy into electricity?
10. What two countries united to form the new nation of Tanzania?
11. In the “Rumble in the Jungle,” Muhammed Ali knocked out what other fighter?