TWIH, DEC 20-26
1. 1860 What was the first state to secede from the U.S.?
2. 1946 What classic Christmas movie starring Jimmy Steward first debuted?
3. 1898 Pierre and Marie Curie discovered what radioactive element? Radium
4. 1913 The first crossword puzzle appeared in what New York Newspaper?
5. 1937 Walt Disney premiered the first full-length animated feature which had what title?
6. 1988 270 people died when a Pan Am flight exploded over what Scottish city?
7. 1989 American troops invaded what country?
8. 1961 Who was reported to be the first U.S. soldier to die in Viet Nam?
9. 1984 What was the name of the New York City resident who shot four alleged robbers on the subway, and who case became a cause celebre?
10. 1886 Who was the famous author of the novel Vanity Fair who died on this date?
11. 1814 The War of 1812 ended with the signing of what treaty?
12. 1979 The Soviet Union invaded what country?
13. 1776 George Washington and his troops crossed the Delaware River and surprised and defeated the Hessians in what battle the next day?
14. 1868 What President issue an unconditional pardon to all Confederate military personnel?