TWIH MAR 13-19
1. 1894 The first known professional striptease took place in what city?
2. 1930 It was first announced that who had discovered the planet/planetoid Pluto?
3. 1932 The founder of the Kodak Company committed suicide. What was his name?
4. 44 . BC What famous dictator was murdered?
5. 1998 What film overtook Star Wars as the highest grossing film in North America?
6. 1860 The famous novel The Scarlet letter was first published. Who was its author?
7. 1968 American soldiers murder as many as 300 unarmed civilians at what S. Vietnamese village?
8. 1766 In an attempt to quell the anger of American colonists who complained of taxation without representation, Parliament repealed what Act?
9. 1886 An undetermined number of blacks (perhaps 20) were murdered in the Carrollton Massacre in what state
10. 1950 Who ran the first officially recognized 4-minute mile?
11. 1987 What famous TV preacher/evangelist resigned after a sex and corruption scandal was revealed?