THIS WEEK IN HISTORY, FEB 28-MAR 5 QUESTIONS
1. 1784 Who chartered the Methodist Church?
2. 1983 The final episode of what TV series was the most watched program in TV history?
3. 1940 Who was the first black person to win an Oscar (best supporting actress as "Mammy" in Gone With The Wind)?
4. 1288 What country started a tradition on this day permitting woman to propose marriage to a man?
5. 1551 Who published the still-controversial book A Book of Centuries?
6. 1805 Although segregationists threatened to impeach Chief Justice Earl warren, it never happened. The only U.S. Supreme Court Justice to ever be impeached was acquitted by the Senate on this day. Who was he?
7. 1877 What Republican presidential candidate was given 20 electoral college votes by a Congressional commission (and became President} when he cut a deal to end Reconstruction and remove federal troops from the South?
8. 1875 Congress authorized a coin of what value which was only used for 3 years?
9. 1861 Abraham Lincoln, 16th President, was inaugurated. How may states had seceded prior to this event?
10. 1917 The first female was sworn in as a member of Congress? What was her name?
11. 2004 What female celebrity was found guilty of crimes related to the stock market?