THIS WEEK IN HISTORY, MAR 6-12 QUESTIONS
1. 1521 Who discovered the island of Guam?
2. 1836 What famous historic military site fell to the enemy.
3. 1906 What was the first nation to give women the right to vote?
4 1933 What famous board and dice game was invented?
5. 1945 The allies first crossed into Germany from the West when they captured a bridge across the Rhine at what city?
6. 1618 Who discovered the third law of planetary motion?
7. 1864 Who is appointed military commander of all Union Forces in the Civil War?
8. 1932 Who is elected President of Ireland
9. 1848 What treaty ended the U.S. war with Mexico?
10. 1930 Who is the first President to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery?
11. 1938 German troops march into and annex what country in a move referred to as the Anschluss?