TWIH JAN 3-9 QUESTIONS
1. 1521 Who was excommunicated by Pope Leo X?
2. 1959 What territory became the 49th state?
3. 1987 Who was the first female singer inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
4. 2007 Who was sworn in as the first woman elected Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives?
5. 1925 Who was the first female to be sworn in as a state Governor?
6. 1998 What former entertainer and then-member of the U.S. House of Representative died in a skiing accident?
7. 1759 Who got married to George Washington?
8. 1838 Who first publicly demonstrated an electromagnetic telegraph device he is credited with inventing?
9. 1945 What famous WWII battle ended?
10. 1926 What famous couple in entertainment got married?
11. 2015 Terrorists raided the offices of what publication and murdered 12 people.
12. 1815 Major General Andrew Jackson led American forces to victory in what battle?
13. 1877 What famous Native American War Chief, who has a huge monument to him under construction in South Dakota (which will become the world's largest mountain carving, fought (and lost) his last battle with U.S. Cavalry in Montana?
14. 1861 What was the second U.S. state to secede from the Union?