TWIH, JAN 24-30 QUESTIONS
1. 1848 Who discovery of a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill set off a gold rush?
2. 1935 Canned beer was sold for the first time in what U.S. city?
3. 1971 What male cult leader was found guilty of the murder of actress Sharon Tate and 4 others?
4. 1988 What opera, which later became the world's biggest money-maker, debuted on Broadway?
5. 1926 Who debuted a machine that is viewed as the first television?
6. 1986 What was the name of the Space Shuttle that exploded soon after blastoff?
7. 1886 Who received the first patent for a petroleum-fueled horseless carriage?
8. 1835 Who was the first sitting President to be subjected to an assassination attempt?
9. 1948 What leader of India who championed non-violence was assassinated?