TWIH JAN 17-23 QUESTIONS
1. 1773 Who was the Captain of the Resolution which was the first ship to cross the Antarctic Circle?
2. 1917 The U.S. purchased the Virgin Islands from what country?
3. 1979 The ruler of what country fled his nation?
4. 1778 Captain James Cook and his crew discovered what was later named the Hawaiian islands. What name did Cook give the islands.
5. 1976 In Super Bowl X, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated what team?
6. 1943 Soviet troops broke the siege of what city?
7. 1990 The Democratic mayor, Marion Berry, of what city was busted in drug sting?
8. 1981 Who was the oldest person inaugurated as U.S. President?
9. 1954 The U.S. launched the world's first atomic-powered submarine which was give what name?
10. 2008 What actor from Australia who starred in the 2003 film The Order and other films died?
11. 1986 The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted its first class which contained 7 solo artists and what duet?