TO GET BACK TO SUNDAY AS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, AS IS THE CUSTOM IN NORTH AMERICA, THESE ENTRIES WILL COVER 8 DAYS. ANSWERS ARE DIRECTLY BELOW THE QUESTION IN THIS POST.
TWIH, MAY 14-21, QUESTIONS
1. 1796 What doctor who had created the vaccine, gave the first smallpox vaccination on this day?
2. 1916 Jesse Washington, an illiterate black teenager was lynched his body burned in what Texas city? ((As usual, no one was arrested for the offense)
3. 1972 Who was the governor and presidential aspirant murdered on this day?
4. 1985 Who was named the NBA's rookie of the year?
5. 1510 Who was the painter of the famous "The Birth of Venus" who died on this day?
6. 1954 What landmark, but then highly controversial, decision was issued by a unanimous U.S. Supreme Court of this day
7. 1652, the first anti-slavery legislation in North America, requiring that all slaves be set free after ten years of servitude, was passed in what colony?
8. 1536 Henry VIII's second wife was beheaded. What was her name?
9. 1980 What volcano erupted/exploded killing at least 15 people.
10. 1861 The capitol of the Confederacy was moved from what city to Richmond, VA?
11. 1881 Who founded the American Branch of the Red Cross?
TWIH MAY 14-21 ANSWERS
1. Edward Jenner
3. George Wallace
4. Michael Jordan
5. Sandro Botticelli
6. Brown v. Bd. of Education
7. Rhode Island
8. Anne Boleyn
9. Mt. St. Helens
10. Montgomery, Alabama
11. Clara Barton