THIS WEEK IN HISTORY, MAY 1-6, QUESTIONS
1. 1967 Elvis Presley was married to whom?
2. 1980 What hit song by the British rock group Pink Floyd was banned in South Africa?
3. 1863 In what Virginia battle was Confederate General 'Stonewall' Jackson shot by this own troops and later died of his wounds?
4. 1494 Columbus discovers what island on his second expedition to the Americas?
5. 1970 U.S. National Guardsmen shot and killed 4 students during an anti-war demonstration at what university?
6. 1953 Ernest Hemingway won a Pulitzer Prize for what novel?
7. 1862 Mexicans started a national holiday after they defeated French invaders at what battle?
8. 1954 What male runner first officially broke the 4-minute mile?